domingo, 16 de novembro de 2014

Sunday Stamping Challenge: Leadlight Technique

Hola guapas! :)

Wow, it's been a very long time since I didn't participate in the AIS Sunday challenge! I'm trying to get back to this weekly challenge because I've been doing it since it started and I feel its part of me and my blog. This week theme is all about using the leadlight technique - perfect timing for I was thinking of doing something with it :p

Nooossa, já passaram bons meses desde a última vez que participei no desafio AIS! Quero voltar a participar activamente porque já o faço desde que surgiu, de modo que sinto que é parte de mim e do blog. O tema desta semana é sobre carimbar utilizando a técnica leadlight - excelente timing porque estava com ideias de usá-la :)
After so many months I still don't own any particular jelly polishes meant to be used in this technique - such as the OPI Sheer Tints. However, I do own my DIY sheer tints made several months ago :p I started this manicure painting my nails with two coats of Sally Hansen Scarab, a teal/blue duochrome metallic polish. The effect isn't as noticeable as I hoped for, but it's still pretty :) (I forgot to use black underneath...) Then, I painted three coats of Cliché Branco and stamped the peacock feather from Dashica Infinity Nails 30 plate with Dashica Black polish. Finally, I painted the feather with the sheerr polishes and sealed it with Seche Vite.

Depois de tantos meses, continuo sem ter nenhum verniz específico para usar nesta técnica - ex. OPI Sheer Tints. No entanto, tenho os vernizes aguados que fiz em casa! :p Comecei por pintar as unhas com o verniz Sally Hansen Scarab, que possui acabamento duochrome nos tons teal e azul. O acabamento não é muito evidente, mas o verniz até é engraçado :) (esqueci-me de usar preto por baixo, enfim...). De seguida, pintei três camadas do verniz Cliché Branco e carimbei as penas de pavão da placa Dashica Infinity Nails 30 com o verniz Dashica Black. Por fim, pintei o desenho com os vernizes aguados e selei tudo com uma camada do top coat Seche Vite.
So that the feathers had more dimension, I quickly mixed Sally Hansen Scarab with a general top coat to sheer it down. Overall, I liked the result... at least Mr. Clockwise Polish was able to tell it was feathers! haha Have you tried the leadlight stamping technique? I'm yet to find what doesn't look great when done with it! Kisses,

Para que as penas tivessem mais dimensão, misturei rapidamente umas gotas do verniz Scarab com top coat para o tornar aguado e apliquei nas ditas. No geral, fiquei satisfeita com o resultado... pelo menos o Homem da casa foi capaz de distinguir penas! hahah Já experimentaram a técnica leadlight? Não me lembro de ver algo feito com esta que tenha ficado mal! Beijinhos,

Cristina Santos***

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Ladies, feel free to leave a comment whether good or not, i appreciate it.
I will answer comments here in the post :p

Chicas, por favor estejam a vontade de deixar um comentário, quer seja bom ou mau, a vossa opinião é muito importante para mim!
Vou responder aos comentários no próprio post :p

Disqus Comentários